Summer Solstice is upon us in the Northern Hemisphere; it’s the longest day of the year, when there is more light than darkness. The sun is the fire element which represents your inner light, energy, qi, the masculine, and movement . Fire contains within it the ability to transform, changing something from one state to another. By relying on your own inner light, you strengthen your spiritual muscles. The Solstice is a serendipitous time to consider how the fire element applies to you.
- Where are you in terms of goals you have set for yourself this year; the seeds you have planted?
- What goals, relationships, ideas need to be renewed or released?
- How much light are you allowing in to your life? Are you being a good receiver?
The Solstice is also a wonderful time to think about these questions, creating a ritual to honor the day, your goals, your Soul. Ritual is simply the physical act of a prayer or intention. The following are some ideas for celebrating Solstice with a ritual and aligning with nature for harmony within;
- Create a bouquet of flowers in bright colors in your home
- Write a list of what requires renewing, manifested, or released and burn it (transformation)
- Pray, meditate, visualize abundance and growth
- Play music and celebrate the fullness of what you do have right now. Be in gratitude.
Fellow Soul Coach and friend Mary Dixon, has this suggestion for Solstice; ” send prayers for good growth for yourself and the plants, for passion and play to let loose, for your dreams and projects to become real and concrete. Autumn will become a time of harvest, review and heading more inward.”
Take time to thoughtfully listen to your soul at this time. Rest, renew, and rejoice in the abundance that surrounds you right now.