I’ve been busy on the weekends tending to my garden since spring has sprung. After yet another weekend of fertilizing, watering, weeding and just all around sprucing up the garden, I sat back and noticed how it has flourished. My garden is blooming and the plants are healthy and thriving. I feel joyful being surrounded by all this life around me. My hard work paid off – my vision, attention, diligence, care. All brought about growth, transformation and blooms.
And so it is with our life.
What you place attention on grows; unhealthy or healthy. If you nurture mold and give it more moisture, it will grow! This is the same with thoughts, intentions, and prayers. By focusing on what you want to create, putting an action plan in place, you have a better chance at bringing about our soul’s hopes and dreams.
How are you tending your soul right now?
Bring mindful attention to the different areas of your life and notice what is working and what is not. Next, jot down 5 areas that could use some tending, then ask your soul these questions:
- What element is needed in order to bring about balance? Water/Emotions, Fire/Spirit, Earth/Physical, Air/Thinking
- What seeds have you been holding onto and not yet planted?
- What needs to be weeded out or harvested?
- What old belief system is holding you back? Challenge it.
- What has worked in the past in tending to this area of your life? Implement it.
Soul tending takes awareness and mindfulness. Moving through life unconsciously is not as easy as it sounds; there is a toll, it’s called the unlived life, the garden that never got planted. You can start right where you are as it’s never to late to grow. As long as you are here, you have the opportunity to invite your soul to blossom.