Kin-dle; to light up, illuminate, or make bright.
How is your inner light these days? Does it burn brightly like a well stoked fire or can you barely find the embers aglow?
I’ve been in a flurry of “doing” activity this December; work and holiday prep, probably like many of you. But before heading to work this morning, I nestled into my comfy chair to read the daily mediations from three books I have turned to all year. After dusting them off…I found a common theme for the day in all three- light. And when I pulled a Denise Linn Soul Coaching® Card it was LIGHT. Synchronicity at work and a message held within.
As the end of December is upon us, the religious holidays of Christmas and Hanukkah arrive along with the winter solstice that occurs today on December 21. With these, and many other celebrations taking place around the world at this time, the reason is light.
Ancient people celebrated light at this time of year by making roaring bonfires and bringing greenery inside the home, all meant to bring life and light to a darkened landscape. These rituals represented hope for the coming of spring.
Here are 5 ways to begin stoking your internal fire and begin glowing;
- Create a gratitude list – write down who and what you are grateful for in your life. You’ll discover how prosperous you truly are.
- Choose to be around people who empower you and lift you up.
- Be generous with your time and talent and give in the most unexpected way.
- Journal – a great way to connect to yourself, your Soul
- Get outside and into nature. Bundle up and take a walk. Breathe the outside air deep into your lungs to cleanse.
By connecting consciously to your internal light, you affect not only yourself but those around you. To quote Marianne Williamson,
“…and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same”.