Life can feel scary when you don’t know where you’re heading or when everything around you is in chaos and uncertainty.
If your outer or inner world is filled with upheaval and change, it can be difficult to remain grounded and not give in to the fear that is within you. If you totally give in to fear, you are missing out on the now of your life. Right this minute – it’s all you’ve got.
Sitting in uncertainty can be very uncomfortable – but it doesn’t have to be.
Uncertainty is about not knowing, and there are many things you do know. Take control over the things you can, and let go of the rest. When you let go of worrying about some of the smaller things you have no control over, you create space for new ideas to enter your awareness.
Here are simple steps you can take if you are feeling upside down lately;
1. Do something physical – walking, pulling weeds, playing with your children, yoga. Being involved in a physical activity moves worry energy and creates endorphins that can help you feel better.
2. Spend time in nature, get outside. Nature has a way of calming and absorbing your fears. If you cannot get outside, take a mini spa break and imagine yourself in your favorite place in nature. A quick trip to the sea or a forest in your mind can instantly calm.
3. Start clearing your clutter. Again, this activity moves energy and you will end up with a sense of accomplishment and a clearer pathway to know what your next step might be. Begin small; a drawer, your desk, your nightstand.
4. Create a list of what you are grateful for in your life. When you focus on what is working, it will help you climb up any mountain that appears. This gives you strength.
5. Surround yourself with like minded people. Limit time listening to negative news or people. Turn to your faith for hope and inspiration.
6. Get thee to therapy; give voice to your fears, be witnessed and you might just discover clarity and inner peace as you take time to give voice to your soul. I’m available as guide along the way as you navigate the changes in your life or within yourself, contact me HERE for an appointment.
“Information is the resolution of uncertainty.” Claude Shannon